Knowing the position of assets in an industrial environment or having certainty about the correct placement of assets provides insight into operational metrics. These crucial data points will ensure that safety and efficiency levels can be increased. Safety issues or incidents will be detected faster, sending help immediately when needed.
Based on magnetic field detection, the asset’s position information is provided by the NEON Contact Sensor and made remotely available within the application platform in near-real-time. When applied for a variety of use cases, these wireless devices can contribute to increased production efficiency and reliability of operational processes. NEON Sensors are very user-friendly to be installed and maintained. Product Documentation
The sensor measures the presence of the magnet, and thus the asset, on a (frequent) time based interval. When the sensor detects that the magnet is not present anymore, the sensor will send an alert message which can trigger alarms to operators. The NEON Contact Sensors, like all NEON products comes in the reliable NEON form factor; battery powered, IECEx / ATEX Zone 1 certified I-IoT device, communicating wirelessly via LoRaWAN.
IECEx / ATEX Zone 1 certified
Designed for industry from the very start, TWTG’s Contact Sensors are built to not only operate in industrial sites with dangers of explosive gasses being handled but also all other elements that a sensor may be exposed to in the course of its 10 year lifetime. It has been tested and certified to work in conditions from -40 to +80 degrees Celsius without hampering performance. Additionally, the battery lifetime has a minimum operational period of 3-5 years*, hence, periodical maintenance can be kept at a minimum. An integrated device management layer enables service models ensuring maintenance.
Applicable for a variety of use cases where assets are expected to be in a certain position.
NEON Product Line - LoRa devices designed for heavy industry
The TWTG NEON product range supports all industrial customers moving towards LoRaWAN as the Industrial IoT network of the future. The LoRaWAN network gives industrial operations a secure solution, which has no vendor lock-in, scales-up to tens of thousands of sensors, covers complete sites with only a small amount of gateways and best of all – the low-power approach means that the lifetime of the NEON products can be extended dramatically. This international networking technology is quickly becoming the industry standard.
NEON stands for a standardised approach to collecting data points from within the operation and a general approach to creating integrated solutions with existing IT ecosystems.
• Fully LoRaWAN compatible
• Based on the highest security standards
• 100% ownership of data
• IECEx / ATEX zone 1 certified
• Battery powered for easy deployment
• Installation within live environments – continuous operation
• Integration with existing data backends or DCS
• Dashboard: TWTG’s SolidRed Suite /standard IoT platform
• Detailed and extensive documentation
• No legacy; compatible with various types of different assets
• Provision of Lifecycle Support
• Availability of spare parts and refurbishment packages
Technical overview - NEON Contact Sensor
Works with a number of use cases, such as safety showers, entry gates / doors, fire extinguishers, etc. Utilising various different mounting options in one product.
• Determines the correct position of assets: yes / no
• Battery life: up to 3-5 years* (refurbishment options)
• Temperature conditions: -40 to +80 degrees Celsius
• Runs on privately hosted LoRa-WAN I-IoT network
• Quick provisioning and easy installation
• IP-65 rated, ATEX / IECEx Zone 1 certified**
• Global availability and quick deployment possibilities
* Depending on average ambient temperature and network quality
** Ex II 2 G Ex ia IIB T4 Gb